[Dovecot] Can't got mail by OUTLOOK for a half million mails account

Gregory Finch gfinch at ldmltd.ca
Fri Sep 2 18:01:25 EEST 2011

Depending on Outlook pst format, I know the old (outlook 2000) format
can't have more than 16383 or 32767 (can't remember which) messages in a
single folder. Ran into this problem at our office once. Best solution
was to use sieve to split the mail archive into folders by year and by
month. This makes it easier to copy the archive offline as well.

-Greg