[Dovecot] dovecot.conf settings vs 'dovecot-n' output

Wed Mar 30 13:51:20 EEST 2011

On 2011-03-29 5:43 PM, Walt Shekrota wrote:
> I am curious why these do not seem to match?
> It especially bothers me that the modes set are different.
> Am I missing something?

I don't understand your question... what doesn't 'match'?

doveconf -n output shows the settings that the active/running version of
dovecot is using. If they don't match what is in your dovecot.conf file
then most likely you have more than one and are looking at/editing the
wrong file. This is one of the purposes of doveconf -n - to confirm that
what you *think* you are using is indeed what you *are* using.

--

Best regards,

Charles