[Dovecot] migrating to dovecot

Alexandre Chapellon a.chapellon at horoa.net
Wed Mar 30 01:26:30 EEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to setup a migration scenario from an proprietary solution
to dovecot IMAP/POP3.
Whereas am only at the strating point, things appear quite complicated
because of the following reasons:

- The proprietary solution uses special/own/proprietary mailbox format
(wich is more like maildir but is not maildir)
- I don't have direct access to the filesystem where the mails are
stored. The best I could do would be a snapshots of the filesystem
- I have about 1,5TB of mail data.
- Having users to be forced to empty their mailbox before migration or
re-download their whole mailbox after migration would be something hard
for me to present as a correct option.

Am looking for advices that would avoid me loosing time searching in bad
directions. Or even point me to a miraculous tool thatdoes all magic
while i have a beer :)

Best regards.

--
horoa: la voie est libre