[Dovecot] Dovecot + Sieve does not work

Uppenbrink info at uppenbrink.net
Wed Mar 9 21:01:40 EET 2011

 On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:55:51 +0100, Jimmi wrote:
> However another problem comes: with roundcube I created a rule, that
> was correctly stored in the user's sieve directory in roundcube.sieve
> as follow:
> require ["fileinto"];
> # rule:[MyMail]
> if anyof (header :contains "From" "mymail")
> {
>         fileinto "Mymail";
>         stop;
> }
>
> and the emails coming from mymail domain simply disappear, leaving
> the  box Mymail empty.
> I could not find anything strange in the logs: how t otrace the
> problem?

 Postfix uses not the dovecot deliver as the LDA? It is important that
 Dovecot deliver stores the mail in the mailboxes.
 Look at http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

 check the logs for something like this:
 dovecot: deliver(info): sieve:
 msgid=<20110309165551.15324os69xdf8ikg at posta.7girello.net>: stored mail
 into mailbox 'Dovecot'
 postfix/local[21898]: 4584431F2DEC: (delivered to command:
 /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver)

 Regards,
  Carsten