[Dovecot] auth on tcp socket?

Hajo Locke hajo.locke at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 18:07:49 EET 2011

Hello,

sorry, iam digest reader, always creating a new message...

> > > there are some warnings in log:
> > > "when SASL type is "dovecot", SASL path "inet:localhost:1434" should
> > > be a
> > > socket pathname"
> > > ( Datei src/xsasl/xsasl_dovecot_server.c )
> >
> > file xsasl_dovecot_server.c is in postfix sources but was written by
> > you,
>  > Timo

> The initial version, yes, but it has been heavily modified since. I
> never added that warning.

> > Should there also made an update to support auth on tcp-socket without
> > warnings from postfix side?

> Looks like someone already added the inet: support, so I guess it should
> work. You could ask on Postfix list to get the warning removed..

wietse dont wants to change anything until it is not documented
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2011-03/0356.html
may be the developers should talk directly to each other, i dont like to get
forwarded to each other list to ask for reliability of features...

Thanks,
Hajo