[Dovecot] deleted messages not going away in Thunderbird?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 5 18:07:04 EET 2011

   Hi folks.  This may be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find a clue.

   I'm running Dovecot v1.2.9 and Thunderbird v3.1.7.  If I delete
messages using a different IMAP client (I also use an iPhone and
occasionally SquirrelMail), I would expect those messages to disappear
from Thunderbird the next time I start it or click on "Get Mail".  In
fact, they do...most of the time.  Sometimes, however, they just stick
around.  If I do a "Repair Folder" on the inbox in Thunderbird, the
messages go away.

   Is this a known issue?  My gut tells me there's some Thunderbird
option to make it follow inbox contents with more "attention" but I've
not been able to find it.

             Thanks,
              -Dave

--