[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.7 (8793036f6de8) seems to miss some defaults for vsz_limit

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Wed Nov 17 11:14:01 EET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 09:57:59AM +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> i think there can only be defaults if all parameters are default
> ( at a new clean install from scratch )

These are unset defaults as far as I can tell. As with all defaults they
should work out of the box. They are *not* overriden by specific custom
values. Well, actually they are now, because of not being set in the first
instance.

> why no use something like i.e default_vsz_limit = 256M ?
> instead of using seperate entries

Personally I think this is a form of wasting resources. Why would one
allocate 256M to something that was previously set to 0B? Would it do
any good at all? It may be convient to do so, but it may not be very
effective...

Thomas