[Dovecot] Is this really a user agent issue?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 30 12:16:29 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 15:08 -0700, Willie Gillespie wrote:

> The IMAP protocol has no way to "push" to the MUA that a folder
> (mailbox) has been freshly created.

It has actually. NOTIFY extension makes it explicit, but it's possible
to do that even in standard protocol. It's just that no server does it,
and I don't know if any clients would actually do anything if a server
did send it. I'm planning on having Dovecot send that some day once I've
finally implemented mailbox list indexes..

Anyway, if a mailbox "foo" is created, a server can simply send to
clients:

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "foo"