[Dovecot] Is this really a user agent issue?

David Warden warden at geneseo.edu
Thu Dec 23 17:27:49 EET 2010

 Out of curiosity, are you using the "autosubscribe" feature of Dovecot
 LDA to automatically subscribe people who whatever new folder the
 Dovecot LDA automatically creates? It looks like this is the -s flag to
 LDA binary in 1.1.3+ or lda_mailbox_autosubscribe in 2.0+ (not sure
 exactly what point release...)

 I don't have a lot of experience with Evolution but I know Thunderbird
 can be difficult when it comes to new folders showing up on the server
 that it didn't create. The best you can do is make sure the client gets
 automatically subscribed to that new folder and hope that the client
 checks the list of subscribed folders (the LSUB IMAP command)
 eventually. I would hope that clicking "check/get new mail" would be
 enough to trigger that in most clients.