[Dovecot] Question about "slow" storage but fast cpus, plenty of ram and dovecot

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 13 05:08:52 EET 2010

Quoting Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com>:

> Also, due to the potential size of the index files (mine alone are 276
> MB on an 877 MB mbox), you'll need to do some additional research to see
> if this is a possibility for you.

That's rather high based on my users...  My largest user has 110M of indexes.
The next highest users are 54M, 52M, 43M, 38M, 32M, 30M, 27M, 23M, 22M, and
then tons of users in the teens...  So your situation doesn't seem to be
the norm...

I guess it depends on your site (users, quotas, number of folders per
user, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics