[Dovecot] problem with virtual plugin/index files?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 2 19:49:52 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:08 +0100, Lutz Preßler wrote:

>  inthread refs younger 604800
>
> This works as expected for the first time. But later on, also older messages/
> threads are included until I delete the virtual/.week/dovecot.index*.

I know there are problems related to this with INTHREAD, but they aren't
very easy to solve and for now I've more important things to do.. If it
seemed to work before, it was due to luck or due to some bug causing an
unnecessary index rebuild. You could set :INDEX=MEMORY to work around
this, but I don't know how much worse the performance would become. Or
you could just manually delete the virtual indexes once a week.