[Dovecot] Permission denied error log messages

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Thu Dec 2 18:22:52 EET 2010

Timo,

ok, I have captured the error in the log file :

Dec 02 06:59:12 lda(martha at xxxxx.com): Error: ostream: write(0x284eb000,
8009) failed
Dec 02 06:59:12 lda(martha at xxxxx.com): Error:
write(/home/mailboxes/data/simplenet/59/martha at xxxxx.com/Maildir/tmp/1291301951.M464029P90603.mta4.scaledsystems.com)
failed: Permission denied
Dec 02 06:59:12 lda(martha at xxxxx.com): Error: sieve:
msgid=<002f01cb9230$ef3a9330$cdafb990$@com>: failed to store into
mailbox 'INBOX': Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more
information. [2010-12-02 06:59:11]

Does this help as to what the issue is?

Again, I'm running the latest 8.1 stable FreeBSD on this machine,
although I see the same errors on a 8.0 as well...
Disk isn't full, and it happened at 1:40 am, when there is virtually NO
load on the machine, or on the NFS server.

Thanks,

Tim