[Dovecot] Linux should be as easy as Windows

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Wed Aug 18 17:54:08 EEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:12:11 -0500
Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com> articulated:

> Yuck.   The problem with such a generalization as 'making things
> easy', is that to do so the system needs to make decisions for the
> user.
>
> The reason I stay away from Windows is because it tends to make bad
> decisions.

Every application makes assumptions about what the end user needs.
Dovecot as well as other applications such as Postfix have default
configuration files. The end user is responsible for tweaking these
files for their own preferences.

Windows has the same capabilities. In fact, I have virtually never
found a setting that I could not change in a Windows environment. The
fact is that all too many users fail to RTFM and simply blame Windows
for their own laziness.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net