[Dovecot] Thunderbird namespace handling

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Aug 10 09:56:52 EEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:56:21PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Because listing mailboxes always starts with the namespace that has no
> prefix. If you have only one namespace with prefix="" and list=no, you wouldn't
> have any listable mailboxes anywhere.

> For example if you have:
>
> namespace {
>   prefix = foo/
>   list = no
> }
>
> It won't show up with normal list:
>
> a LIST "" *
>
> But you can list its mailboxes with:
>
> b LIST "" foo/*

Yes.

> But then if you have
>
> namespace {
>   prefix =
>   list = no
> }
>
> Now both a and b are exactly the same:
>
> ab LIST "" *

You mean it won't list anything, even if I have a mailbox (not a namespace) named foo ?

Anyway, I wasn't thinking about list = no for the default namespace but about
hidden = yes.  The default in the conf file is list = yes and hidden = no : why
not list = yes and hidden = yes (because of the "why advertise a namespace
(hidden = no) which is listable (list=yes) anyway" argument) ?