[Dovecot] Shared mailboxes errors

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:35:23 EEST 2010

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:16:38 +0200
Leander S. wrote:

>   Hi  Nikita Koshikov,
>
> when I googled for my SERVERBUG which I'm having right now I found your
> configuration.
> I'm trying to make use of the antispam plugin as you do. Unfortunately
> I'm always getting a [SERVERBUG] error mesage with my MTC when I try
> moving mails. The antispam debug.log doesn't really tell a lot of more:
>

>    ### Dovecot AntiSpam ###
>     # mail signature (used with any backend requiring a signature)
>     #antispam_signature = X-Spam-Status
>     #antispam_signature_missing = move
>
>     antispam_mail_sendmail = /usr/local/bin/sa-learn
>     antispam_mail_sendmail_args = --username=%u;--debug;all
>     antispam_mail_spam = --spam
>     antispam_mail_notspam = --ham
>     antispam_mail_tmpdir = /tmp
>     antispam_spam = Spam
>     antispam_unsure = Virus
>     antispam_trash = Trash

First of all - what OS is this ? BSD ? And how did you install your spamassassin (ports\compiling from source)?
Show your local.cf file (/etc/mail/spamassassin or /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassasin).

After reading perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf add to your local.cf for debugging:
bayes_file_mode 0777
bayes_path /tmp/.spamassassin/bayes

Create folder /tmp/.spamassassin and set permitions 777.
Restart spamd with dovecot  and try it.

> I also read through the sa-learn script but wasn't able to figure out
> where this number 9 is coming from ;/
> ... SIGKILL 9 Term Kill signal - but where from ?!

sa-learn has lots of die() function, this should be enough for raising SIGKILL.

> Do you maybe have any idea? I tried different Dovecot versions already -
> alwys the same ... Might there maybe somethign wrong with my syntax?
>

> Any way - thanks a lot in advance & regards

If you stuck after all, remember that sa-learn has -D key, it generate tons of output. Create wrapper and run sa-learn with -D keyword from dovecot, save result and have fun.