[Dovecot] update of current quota usage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 20 19:50:39 EET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 18:47 +0100, floss at pBartels.info wrote:
> > Yes. It's too much work for Dovecot to try to figure out all the
> > different things you might be doing under it. You can anyway easily make
> > Dovecot recalculate the quota: delete the user's quota usage row from
> > the database.
> >

> Well, thats a very simple solution. Also for my example. If I copy
> some mailboxes to the server I just remove the quota usage row and
> dovecot recalculates it. I can do this too, if I remove some spam
> messages or purge the trash...

If you removed spam messages and purged trash via IMAP you wouldn't have
to worry about updating quota.

> What did you mean with too much work?

I mean that currently quota is updated only while changes are actually
done. To be able to figure out when mailbox changes were done outside
Dovecot it would need to keep some kind of state which
messages/mailboxes were added to quota and which weren't. Index files
help somewhat in implementing that, but it's still a lot of extra code.