[Dovecot] update of current quota usage

floss at pBartels.info floss at pBartels.info
Fri Mar 20 19:47:41 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 11:43 +0100, floss at pBartels.info wrote:
>> For example I copy some mailboxes to my server, then the current quota
>> for this mailboxes is still zero.
>>
>> Is it correct that dovecot can't do this for me?
>
> Yes. It's too much work for Dovecot to try to figure out all the
> different things you might be doing under it. You can anyway easily make
> Dovecot recalculate the quota: delete the user's quota usage row from
> the database.

Well, thats a very simple solution. Also for my example. If I copy
some mailboxes to the server I just remove the quota usage row and
dovecot recalculates it. I can do this too, if I remove some spam
messages or purge the trash...

What did you mean with too much work?
(It's able to do it and you said yes it can't but it can as you said later.)

Thank you,
Philipp