[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2 beta1 in Solaris 10 for sparc, error reading maildir format?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 18 20:14:33 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 13:38 -0300, Andrés Yacopino wrote:
> I guess i have done well the debug, here it goes:

Almost.

> #0  0x000a0384 in mail_index_map ()
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0x000a0384 in mail_index_map ()

This gives some kind of an idea, but still there's a lot of code that
makes it difficult to guess where the problem is without debugging
symbols. Especially because I'm using Dovecot with Solaris 10 Sparc
without problems.

Could you compile Dovecot without -O2 (or whatever optimization flags if
you're using Sun CC) and without stripping debugging symbols from the
binaries? For example with gcc I'd do:

CFLAGS="-g" ./configure