[Dovecot] New to list, got a quota question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 13 23:13:35 EET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:09 -0500, Vlad Sedov wrote:
> My vpopmail installation keeps the quota information in the mysql
> database (pw_shell field) instead of maildirsize. The quota is in
> maildir format, e.g. 400M or 50331648S.

The 400M means 400 messages, right? "backend" limit is supposed to work
here, but I don't know if anyone's actually tried it yet. So try
something like:

select concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) as quota_rule, ..

> Unlimited quota is specified as NOQUOTA.

That probably gives an error. You should return 0 instead. For that you
need to use MySQL's CASE or IF somehow.