[Dovecot] New to list, got a quota question

Vlad Sedov vlad at atlasok.com
Fri Mar 13 16:09:55 EET 2009

Hello folks -

I'm running dovecot on top of qmail/vpopmail/mysql, serving up about
2500 mailboxes. Everything is running very smooth and fast.... I
recently upgraded dovecot to 1.1, so I'm trying to implement some extra
features like IMAP quotas.
I'm using the sql passdb, with the following config:

driver = mysql
connect = host=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock user=username password=password
dbname=vpopmail
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
password_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS user,
pw_clear_passwd AS password FROM vpopmail WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND
pw_domain = '%d'
user_query = SELECT pw_dir as home, 508 AS uid, 503 AS gid FROM vpopmail
WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'

My vpopmail installation keeps the quota information in the mysql
database (pw_shell field) instead of maildirsize. The quota is in
maildir format, e.g. 400M or 50331648S. Unlimited quota is specified as
NOQUOTA.
The question is... Is it possible to make dovecot understand this format
and get it directly from SQL (via user_query, for example) or would it
be easier to reconfigure the vpopmail installation somehow to use
maildirsize?

Thanks!

Vlad