[Dovecot] Compilation of dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.3 under Solaris 10 for Sparc

Andrés Yacopino ayacopino at acasalud.com.ar
Wed Mar 11 17:38:25 EET 2009

I have put your two files but i got the same error:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- start-group

I search in directories and i found this option in:

src/sieve-tools:

Makefile:sievec_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile:sieved_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile:sieve_test_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile.in:sievec_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile.in:sieved_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile.in:sieve_test_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group

src/testsuite:

Makefile:testsuite_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
Makefile.in:testsuite_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group

I am doing something wrong?

I compile with:

make clean

./configure --with-dovecot=/export/software/dovecot1.2/dovecot-1.2

make

Thanks

Andrés Fernando Yacopino