[Dovecot] [Fwd: Re: [vchkpw] vpopmail now has vusage daemon support]

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Tue Mar 10 20:21:25 EET 2009

Is the index modification code portable that other software could link
to a Dovecot library and update indexes on delivery?

<snip from vpopmail list>

Rick Romero wrote:
> I was considering changing vdelivermail to have a stdout option, where
> you could pipe from vdelivermail to Dovecot's deliver for 'final'
> delivery instead of direct to Maildir within your .qmail-default file.
> That 'should' allow everything else to occur normally, but get those
> indexes updated as well.  I think just 'HOME' needs to be exported,
> but I haven't tested it yet.

Is there a way to update Dovecot's indexes without having it handle
delivery?
In that case, we could easily add support for this into vpopmail.
- --
/*
    Matt Brookings <matt at inter7.com>       GnuPG Key D9414F70
    Software developer                     Systems technician
    Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.     (815)776-9465
*/