[Dovecot] Error crosscompiling

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 10 20:06:29 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 18:25 +0100, Diego Roversi wrote:
>   I was trying to crosscompile dovecot, but I got some error:

I guess it would be possible for configure to fallback to just link-time
tests if run-time tests aren't possible. But I'm not really sure how to
do that without copy&pasting lots of code, which isn't very nice. Also
cross compiling is pretty rare, so it probably wouldn't really be worth
the effort.

But you can solve these issues already. Look for configure.in for
AC_TRY_RUN code, for example:

  AC_CACHE_CHECK([whether we can use inotify],i_cv_inotify_works,[
    AC_TRY_RUN([

To get inotify working simply do:

i_cv_inotify_works=yes ./configure --with-inotify

And then add environment for the other AC_TRY_RUN checks similarly.