[Dovecot] Clients and dovecot-uidlist

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jul 31 20:08:50 EEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 07:04:32PM +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> Since I plan to split dovecot and postfix on 2 different servers but want to be
> able to use anyone of them back to run both postfix and dovecot if one of them
> crash, I plan to put indexes and control files on NFS.

Another solution would be to DNS round-robin on 2 servers runing dovecot but I
think I've read on the dovecot wiki that it wasn't a good idea. Instead, I
understood that I could use the IMAP proxy to send the same user on the same
server.

However, I wonder if it's not overkill since once the client has resolved the
name, the TCP connexion has no reason to change ? But some clients open more
than one connexion for one user. That can be a problem I guess...

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau