[Dovecot] Gentoo overlay?

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Mon Jul 27 07:56:05 EEST 2009

> On 7/26/2009 8:16 AM, Steve wrote:
> >> Does anyone know of a decent gentoo overlay that keeps dovecot+
> >> reasonably up to date?
>
> > Why don't you do the ebuilds yourself? It's not that hard.
>
> I know this may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is a
> programmer, or understands this stuff well enough to write their own
> software.

It's not about writing software. Writing a ebuild is +/- nothing more then automating what you do on the command line if you would compile it by hand. That's far, far, far, far away from writing software. I mean business grade software or professional software development.

> Why do you use the kernels put out by kernel.org? Why don't you just
> code your own?

No need to get personal. I did not attacked you. I just hinted the possibility to write your own ebuild.

> Elitist crap...

What is wrong with you? Just because I know or better to say: I learned how to write ebuilds, does not mean that I am better then you. I don't put myself above you. I don't know you (beside that I see you since years posting on some mailing lists where I have as well subscribed).
So please stop that right now. If you have issues with my comment then better address me directly.

> --
>
> Best regards,

Kind Regards,

> Charles