[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2, quota and LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jul 26 22:13:16 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 23:45 +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> But after reading the documentation, it seems I now have to use two
> ldap-fields to achieve the same thing? One "quota" and one "quota_rule"?
> Is this correct? It's of course not impossible, but it's kinda a hassle
> to hand craft a new schema, deploy, and update all the user's entries.
>
> If my users didn't have two kind of quotas, it would be easy, but with
> two quota methods, I don't see any other way than to use two
> ldap-fields. Which I hope I don't have to :)

Well.. If your virtual users don't all have the same quota then yes,
you'll have to use two fields. Otherwise you could kludge around it :)

plugin {
  quota_rule = *:storage=2G
}

Then have LDAP return quota=fs:noenforcing or quota=maildir.

Or alternatively if your system users are also in /etc/passwd, or you're
using nss_ldap or something, you could do something like:

userdb passwd {
  args = quota=fs:noenforcing
}
userdb ldap {