[Dovecot] [Bug] dovecot deliver v1.2.1 segfaults

Mon Jul 20 13:52:15 EEST 2009

On 7/20/2009, Nikita Koshikov (koshikov at gmail.com) wrote:
> When message with forbidden attachment received, exim accept the
> message, then construct bounce-message(Reject reason + original
> message) and returns it to sender.

That is your first problem... you should never accept then bounce...
reject at smtp time anything like this.

> Trying to deliver such messages, I always get segmentation faults and
> message stayed in exim's queue.

This obviously shouldn't happen, so you'd probably want to figure out
whats causing it too, but it does go away when you fix the first problem.

--

Best regards,

Charles