[Dovecot] Sieve plugin not running on all messages

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Jul 13 12:34:48 EEST 2009

Pascal Volk schrieb:
>>    stop;
>> } …
>
> Please don't do that: <http://www.dontbouncespam.org/>
>
> Reject Spam in the SMTP session.
>

> Regards,
> Pascal

really awsome, how many people dont know this simple
issue and wonder by get blacklisted in rbl by backscattering/spamming

to get out of the problem, spam marked messages should
filtered by a global sieve rule to a special junk folder
so that it never will be honored by vacation,
for pop3 users ( which will never see mail in other folders )
mails in the imap spam folder, can be down popped using the virtual
plugin, a better and cheaper way is to reject known spam
on the income smpt level by clamav-milter with sanesecurity antispam
signatures ( but as this might not catch all spam the above sieve
antisapm policy should be used ever ), for other vacation
functions ( over forward script etc ) same issue ( not answer to marked
spam mail ) should be honored in the reply code of the script,
another possibility ist to quarantaine spam mails before getting to
inbox( look amavis-new,clamav-milter )
anyway answering to spam mails should be avoided ever until most of the
senders are faked

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer