[Dovecot] SSL / TLS

Thu Jul 9 18:15:26 EEST 2009

> My question now after it appears to be working, did I configure this
> properly for TLS? Users can still log into the IMAP server and get
> their mail via plain text or with the SSL certificate. Did I set the
> correct port for ssl_listen or is that for SSL only and not TLS?

I never tried it, but it doesn't matter... you'll be using TLS, not SSL:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/SSL

On 7/9/2009, Federico Nicolelli (federico.nicolelli at iscsi.it) wrote:
> Ok, so if you set
> "protocols = imap imaps"

Personally, I never enable unencrypted imap port...

Forcing encrypted port (imaps) for everyone really doesn't add anything
in the way of overhead on modern systems, and I just don't like the idea
of unencrypted sessions, even on on 'trusted' networks.

--

Best regards,

Charles