[Dovecot] SSL / TLS

Federico Nicolelli federico.nicolelli at iscsi.it
Thu Jul 9 18:06:53 EEST 2009

Carlos Williams ha scritto:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Federico
> Nicolelli<federico.nicolelli at iscsi.it> wrote:
>> If you want to have all protocols enabled add the following line in your
>> dovecot.conf
>>
>> protocols = pop3 pop3s imap imaps
>>
>> this will enable "normal" pop3 and imap connections too.
>
> No we don't allow any kind of pop3 access. It's imap4 only. I just
> wanted to make sure I enabled the correct port for TLS usage and
> everything else looks good.

Ok, so if you set
"protocols = imap imaps"
it will enable imap4 and imaps connections and you don't have to set
"ssl_listen: 993" because it's the default port.

This is my ssl part of dovecot.conf:

protocols = imap imaps
ssl_disable = no
ssl_cert_file = /etc/dovecot/mail.mydomain.it.pem
ssl_key_file = /etc/dovecot/mail.mydomain.it.key.pem
ssl_ca_file =  /etc/dovecot/cacert.pem
ssl_verify_client_cert = no
#verbose_ssl = yes

P.S