[Dovecot] Optimal quota method for SQL

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Thu Jul 9 13:48:17 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that with this method I can define the quota
>> limit in my dict (sql field)?
>
> Quota limits are defined in quota_rule setting. You can have your
> userdb override the global one.
>
>> plugin {
>>  quota = dict:user::proxy::quotadict
>>  quota_rule = *:storage=0:messages=0
>> }
>
> Looks ok. This should track quota, but have any limits for it. For
> users that need quota just override the quota_rule.
>
>> I want quota to be disabled unless otherwise specified in my SQL
>> database.
>
> I suppose you're using userdb sql?

I figured out the missing link was user_query not returning quota_rule,
wiki didn't mention this was needed for 1.2 - or maybe I misunderstood
something.

I'm puzzled as to what the dict is used for then, if not to retrieve the
quota limits?

The wiki could use some love in regards to this :)

Thanks
// Tom