[Dovecot] Optimal quota method for SQL

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 8 17:34:41 EEST 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Tom Sommer wrote:

> I' ve got dovecot set up as LDA, and currently I'm using the dict-
> mysql
> method described for 1.2.0, but it's not really working at all.

dovecot -n? Log output with mail_debug=yes when saving messages?

> Am I correct in assuming that with this method I can define the quota
> limit in my dict (sql field)?

Quota limits are defined in quota_rule setting. You can have your
userdb override the global one.

> plugin {
>  quota = dict:user::proxy::quotadict
>  quota_rule = *:storage=0:messages=0
> }

Looks ok. This should track quota, but have any limits for it. For
users that need quota just override the quota_rule.

> I want quota to be disabled unless otherwise specified in my SQL
> database.

I suppose you're using userdb sql?