[Dovecot] Urgent problem with deleting emails and maildirsize

Jose Luis Marin Perez jolumape_al at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:54:52 EEST 2009

Thanks for your response Eduardo.

 Apologies to the list by the rush and lack of information when reporting a problem.

 I have installed on a server as follows:

 Qmail
 Vpopmail
 Dovecot
 Horde

 With three mail domains using three different webmails.

One of the webmails is configured so that when delete some
mail move to Trash directory, I have no problem here because I've
configured Dovecot to ignore this folder to quota

 The other
two webmails are not configured to use the Trash directory and when you
delete some mail will be maintained in the INBOX but it shows shading
and the server adds the flag T:

 1244457746.11461.domain.com, S = 5413:2, ST

 So no updates maildirsize and quota does not change, this may result in the accounts quickly reach 100% usage.

Dovecot configuration

# 1.1.16: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp i686 CentOS release 4.7 (Final)
log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
protocols: imap
listen: *:10143
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
first_valid_uid: 89
last_valid_uid: 89
first_valid_gid: 89
last_valid_gid: 89
mail_uid: 89
mail_gid: 89
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins: quota
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: checkpassword
    args: /usr/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/local/bin/vchkpw-wrapper.sh
  userdb:
    driver: prefetch
    args: uid=89 gid=89 home=/usr/vpopmail/domains/%d/%u
plugin:
  quota: maildir
  quota_rule: ?:storage=0
  quota_rule2: Trash:ignore