[Dovecot] deliver and qmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 16:23:12 EET 2009

Rick Romero schrieb:

> On Jan 28, 2009, at 2:56 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Tim Traver wrote:
>>
>>> ok, after looking at all of the posts that I've found, and trying
>>> numerous settings, I am a little stumped as to how to set up the deliver
>>> program with qmail to get everything correct.
>>
>> qmail is way obsolete and buggy.
>> http://mandree.home.pages.de/qmail-bugs.html
>
> Yes, in it's default form.  Hence netqmail.

So? netqmail fixes only a minority of qmail's bugs, but not the ones that
require touching qmail's concepts - and I don't even make an attempt to
update my bug list, since I find netqmail's change list too terse.

>> I've migrated away to Postfix ages before Postfix 1.0 was released and
>> never rued that change a split second...
>
> and I suppose you've never upgraded it - right? :P

Nah. Of course I upgraded Postfix - but I have yet to see another piece of
software where upgrades go so smoothly.

> The bigger problem, other than a minor hardware/filesystem upgrade, is
> does deliver obey .qmail files in the user's home directory?

Dovecot's deliver certainly doesn't.

--
Matthias Andree