[Dovecot] Bug Report in Connection with Expire Plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 8 22:10:24 EET 2009

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 11:10 +0100, Jörg Leis wrote:
> I tried using a "user_field = user" additionally as is written here:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire. (Incidentally, there must be
> some mismatch in the documentation because the tables for v1.1 do not
> contain a field username). Of course I adapted the MySQL database
> accordingly.

I updated the page to contain "username_field = not_used".

> Unfortunately I was unable to produce a backtrace.

I couldn't reproduce the crash with v1.1.8. And without backtrace or a
way to reproduce it I can't really do anything..

The backtrace would be easiest to get with:

 - Log in to IMAP
 - gdb -p `pidof imap`
cont
 - Make it crash
bt full

Although if you didn't compile Dovecot yourself the backtrace probably
won't be all that useful since there are no debug symbols.