[Dovecot] First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot v1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 30 00:08:32 EET 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 20:31 +0100, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> sergey ivanov schreef:
> > Hi Stephan,
> > Thank you for quick fix. I've built it (from changeset
> > 646:747107b816dc) and it looks like working with dovecot-1.2.
> > I'm doing some testing before put it into Sisyphus repository
> > (http://en.altlinux.org).
> > What I saw - it does not recognize lines like:
> > ---
> >   sieve = /var/sievescripts/%n/sieve

Is this inside protocol lda {} or plugin {}? In former it's not supposed
to be expanded (shouldn't have been with cmusieve either), in latter it
should be.

> > where cmusieve did
> > ---
> > fileinto fileinto "Inbox/R/Commits";
> > ---
> > this new plugin require changing slashes to dots:
> > ---
> > fileinto fileinto "Inbox.R.Commits";

With a namespace configuration like:

namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = INBOX/
  inbox = yes
}

And a script:

require ["fileinto"];
fileinto "INBOX/foo/bar";

It seems to work just fine:

deliver(tss): Oct 30 00:04:36 Info: sieve: msgid=unspecified: stored
mail into mailbox 'foo.bar'

Although it probably should use the full untranslated INBOX/foo/bar name
when logging (same with deliver -m INBOX/foo/bar).