[Dovecot] First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot v1.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Oct 29 21:31:06 EET 2008

sergey ivanov schreef:
> Hi Stephan,
> Thank you for quick fix. I've built it (from changeset
> 646:747107b816dc) and it looks like working with dovecot-1.2.
> I'm doing some testing before put it into Sisyphus repository
> (http://en.altlinux.org).
> What I saw - it does not recognize lines like:
> ---
>   sieve = /var/sievescripts/%n/sieve
> ---
> as cmusieve did. But it works ok with default .dovecot.sieve files in
> user home directories
Hmm, I'll look into that. This is not intended and would be a bug.

> Then, it reports
> ---
> error: failed to store into mailbox 'Inbox/R/Commits': Invalid mailbox name.
> ---
> where cmusieve did
> ---
> fileinto fileinto "Inbox/R/Commits";
> ---
> this new plugin require changing slashes to dots:
> ---
> fileinto fileinto "Inbox.R.Commits";

This doesn't look like something that has changed for the Sieve
implementation specifically. Did you try dovecot-sieve-1.1 with dovecot
1.2 to verify? I'll ask Timo about this. What is the configuration of
your mail store. Did you perhaps migrate from mbox to maildir?

> I think this changes should be described somewhere. May be, it's
> already needed to create wiki page for libsieve at wiki.dovecot.org?
Well, first one is probably a bug. The second one I am not sure about
yet. I'll get back to you when I do.

PS: please reply to the mailing list as well. Your problems and
solutions may interest others as well.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch