[Dovecot] ManageSieve textual fronend wanted

"Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" ruskie at codemages.net
Thu Oct 23 14:53:20 EEST 2008

On 13:48:40 2008-10-23 Stephan Bosch <s.bosch at utwente.nl> wrote:
> Edgar Fuß wrote:
> > Is there some simple textual frontend to the ManageSieve protocol
> > somewhat easier to use than gnutls-cli? I.e. something to use like
> > managesieve -u ef putscript myscript < /tmp/myscript Password:
> > managesieve -u ef setactive myscript
> > Password:
> > simply doing the TLS authentication and length computation for me.
> >
> Sieve-connect is known to work with dovecot. However, older versions
> have the TLS bug. Newer versions circumvent this by sending a
> (previously non-existant) NOOP command. I've tested the debian-testing
> version (0.59-1) against Dovecot 1.2 and it seems to work fine.
>
> If it starts moaning about your snake oil certificate you should modify
> SSL_verify_mode => 0x00 (line 39 here) at the beginning of the
> sieve-connect script.

I use:
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/managesieve/

Not sure if it supports TLS but I doubt it would be that hard to add...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6  F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C