[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2: SEGV in acl plugin when selecting a shared mailbox

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Thu Oct 23 14:25:02 EEST 2008

Hi Timo,

there is a bug in the acl plugin (in head, _without_ our acl changes),
which causes an segfault on selecting a shared folder.

  * OK [CAPABILITY ...] Dovecot ready.
  x login 1 at example.com secret
  x OK [CAPABILITY ...] Logged in
  y select "users/2 at example.com/INBOX/bla"
  - Peer has closed the GNUTLS connection

The dovecot.log shows a segfault:

  [...] child 4507 (imap) killed with signal 11

This _only_ happens when the shared mailbox wasn't accessed in the same
session by any other means like MYRIGHTS or LSUB (when subscribed).
After doing one of those selecting works too...

If it helps I can generate a gdb backtrace.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/