[Dovecot] mbox to Maildir conversion

Albert E. Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Thu Oct 23 06:35:53 EEST 2008

I've been running a mbox solution using UW's IMAP server.  I've run it
for years.

Now do to heavy message volumes, I've decided to to take the plunge to
convert to the Maildir format.

I am currently testing a single user, and have successfully converted
the mail messages from mbox to Maildir format, and now I am setting up
the procmail tool to place the messages into the correct folder.  I have
been following the http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat formula,
but now have a question.

New Messages are now being placed into the ~user/Maildir/new folder.
However, when I attempt to retrieve those messages, Dovecot does not
find them.  Why not?
--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant