[Dovecot] quota-warning.sh mail from

Sotiris Tsimbonis tsimbonis at forthnet.gr
Mon Oct 20 11:16:03 EEST 2008

On 10/20/2008 10:28 AM, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> #cat quota-warning.sh:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> PERCENT=$1
> TO=$2
>
> echo "Your mailbox is $PERCENT% full. If it overfill - you will can not
> get new email. Please clean up your mailbox.
>
> --
> Mail Administator" | /usr/bin/mail -s "Email mailbox is $PERCENT% full"
> $TO -f postmaster at domain.off
>
> exit 0
> ----------
>
> But im still got this message with mail from "dmail at mx.domain.off"
> *dmail it is user dovecot deliver runnig from*
>
> If im run quota-warning.sh cript by hands - im got postmaster at domain.off
> in mail from. What im do wrong?..

I'm not sure that you can have that multiline echo ...
Anyway, try the following which uses sendmail -f to set the From Address..

#!/bin/bash
#
PERCENT=$1

FROM="postmaster at support.off"
qwf="/tmp/quota.warning.$$"

echo "Date: `date`" >> $qwf
echo "From: $FROM" > $qwf
#echo "To: $USER" >> $qwf
echo "Subject: Mailbox size warning" >> $qwf
echo "" >> $qwf
echo "You are now using $PERCENT% of your mailbox quota." >> $qwf
echo "If you reach 100%, new mail will not be delivered to you." >> $qwf
echo "Please cleanup your mailbox." >> $qwf
echo "-- " >> $qwf
echo " Your Mail Administrator." >> $qwf
cat $qwf | /usr/sbin/sendmail -f $FROM "$USER"
rm -f $qwf

exit 0