[Dovecot] shared mailboxes in 1.2 question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 6 19:35:03 EEST 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:24 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> users after imap search, otherwise you always need some admin
> ( perhaps
> with shell permissions ) for editing subcriptions and acls which not

Actually the SUBSCRIBE IMAP command is enough to make the mailboxes
visible, no admin/shell access needed. And IMAP ACL commands are (at
least partially) already implemented by Kolab people.

> if you wont include shared folders functional in somehow that way
> like cyrus does , dovecot wont be the first choice if advanced sharing
> funktions in virtual domains/mailboxes are needed ( for sure, others
> will be very happy with the current solution anyway )

I understand that the listing is important to get shared mailboxes
usable for normal users. It's just not a high priority for me
currently (especially because it's a lot of work and no-one's paying
for it and I'm once again beginning to run out of money). Anyone else
is welcome to implement it of course.. I think Kolab people will need
it, so maybe they'll implement it.