[Dovecot] v1.1.6 released

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Fri Nov 21 18:38:51 EET 2008

On Wednesday, November 19 at 10:56 AM, quoth Adam McDougall:
> Just wanted to mention that 1.1.6 seems fine so far in our testing, and I
> think the lack of reported problems on the mailing list is probably a
> very good sign!

For whatever reason, we ran into the "userdb didn't return a home
directory" problem with 1.1.6, and quickly downgraded back to 1.1.5.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dovecot/34008/focus=34009

It's rather silly too, since the userdb *does* return a home directory
(which is why I'm skeptical of the "fix" mentioned there that forces a
default home directory of /tmp). Here's hoping 1.1.7 (whenever it
comes out) is a smoother upgrade.

~Kyle
--
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
                                                   -- Winston Churchill