[Dovecot] Folder aliases

Frank Behrens frank at harz.behrens.de
Thu Nov 13 14:13:35 EET 2008

Charles Marcus <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote on 13 Nov 2008 6:28:
> Maybe a better way would be to use namespaces? Have an Outlook specific
> namespace (since it and OE are apparently the buggiest clients in this
> regard)... then you'd just need to:
>
> 1. Have a way to define which folder to use in  the namespace, and
>
> 2. make sure all of your Outlook clients use the proper namespace.
>
> I *certainly* don't want to be forced to use 'sent-mail' in my Tbird...

May be Outlook is buggy, but your mentioned Thunderbird has it's own
issue:

When I want to use german names for a user I setup his mail account
with a folder named "Papierkorb" as trash folder (german
translation). This can be used with many email clients without
problems. But a german Thunderbird wants to create a new folder
"Trash" and displays it as "Papierkorb". So what is the result? In
Thunderbird I have two folders named as "Papierkorb" where I see in
other clients a folder "Trash" and a folder "Papierkorb". (The same
applies to sent, draft and templates folders.)

Frank

--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.