[Dovecot] First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot v1.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Nov 10 14:17:26 EET 2008

Edgar Fuß wrote:
>> Finally, after little more than a year, I finished the first release of
>> the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot.
> Great! I immediately tried to put this into pkgsrc, but ...
>
>> The compilation procedure is identical to the cmusieve plugin
>> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve).
> I cannot see how this part of configure
[SNIP]
> is supposed to work. Either I point $dovecotdir to the source directory
> and get a complaint about a missing dovecot-config or I point it to
> the library directory and get a complaint that it can't compile
> against headers only.
Dovecot needs to be compiled first for this to work. The dovecot-config
file is produced upon executing ./configure. This is no different from
the old cmusieve plugin.

However, it does indeed currently not allow you to build against dovecot
headers only. I can change this for the next release, but then the sieve
tools and the testsuite will not be compiled.

Regards,

Stephan