[Dovecot] Squat indexing a Maildir of over 600 GB?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 23 18:48:14 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 11:42 -0400, John Wells wrote:
> Thanks Timo...from what I know of Solr, it can handle it. But I'm
> curious how the integration works...specifically:
>
> - When are messages added to Solr? Is it only when new ones arrive, or
> can older messages be injected as well?

Currently new messages are indexed only when starting the search. So you
might want to have some kind of a cronjob executing the searches once a
day or so.

> - How does searching work? Do you need a front-end search tool to Solr?

Either use X-TEXT-FAST or X-BODY-FAST search command keys or enable
break-imap-search setting and then you can use standard IMAP clients
(that support server-side searches).