[Dovecot] Overquota bounce

Frank frank at rheinstrasse.net
Sun Jul 13 19:25:54 EEST 2008

Hello!

> I have implemented a mail system with postfix and dovecot as LDA.
>
> Users who have exceeded their quota when receiving messages dont'see the
> message bounced. I see this error in maillog: dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred
> (temporary failure)

I had the same problem. For me the problem was solved by doing what the
dovecot wiki told me to do in the first place: Make shure that you
comment out the "mail_debug" directive in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.
Only setting this to "no" does not do the job.

See: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

Geetings,

Frank
--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent
life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none