[Dovecot] Overquota bounce

Davide Pasquale pasquale.davide at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 02:01:42 EEST 2008

Hi all,

I have implemented a mail system with postfix and dovecot as LDA.

Users who have exceeded their quota when receiving messages dont'see the
message bounced. I see this error in maillog: dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred
(temporary failure)

This is my configuration:

protocol imap {
mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
login_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
}

protocol pop3 {
mail_plugins = quota
login_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
}

plugin {
        quota = maildir:storage=10240
}

protocol lda {
        mail_plugins = quota
        postmaster_address = postmaster at mydomain.com
        auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
}

Thanks very much.

Davide.