[Dovecot] Certificate Server name!

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 22:39:40 EEST 2008

Hi Kirti,

You entered "mail.tib.com" somewhere in your mail client (the software
that's throwing the error about the certificate mismatch.)  However the
server thinks its name is "imap.tib.com."
Therefore in your client, tell it to connect to imap.tib.com instead of
mail.tib.com (e.g. if it's Thunderbird, it'll be in Tools > Account
Settings.)

I don't currently use SSL with Dovecot so I do not how the certificate
is set up, but with OpenSSL, it's the common name (CN) field in the
certificate that defines the server name.
I would say it would be much easier to just change the hostname in your
client settings.

Andy