[Dovecot] Plugin development question

Gary Smith gary at holdstead.com
Tue Sep 4 08:49:11 EEST 2007

> But the Maildir list functions seem a little more complicated.  I'm
> walking through them right now.  From looking into it, it seems there
> are several functions that I will need to define in my own class to
> handle/override the existing core functions.  Where can I get a list
of
> all of the virtual functions that can be derived from, without digging
> through the code completely.

Somehow I missed all of the lib-storage/list/* files.  I've seem to have
found most of what I'm looking for.  I also discovered the *_vfuncs
declarations that list everything that needs overriding.  My intent now
is to build out a shell wrapper for my plugins.

My only other question for the time being would be the minimal
implementation for functions that do nothing.  That is, all of the write
functions.  Do I need to pass down to a base class or just return a
default success value (or whatever the return type would be)?